Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Which Web browser do you use?

Internet Explorer 6.x
Internet Explorer 7.x
Internet Explorer 8.x
Firefox 3.x
Firefox 2.x
Opera
Safari
Chrome
Other (Which one?)

Reply 1 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I fluctuate between Safari and Firefox and sometimes I have both open at the same time. Both work well and serve my purposes. I cannot use Explorer with my Mac and I am not familiar with Opera or Chrome but it might be interesting to learn about them.

Reply 2 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Safari is default, Firefox is required for some of the SAAS stuff I do,but Stainless gets fired up first for my morning stroll - it's fast, clean, simple and very modern. I have Camino, Navigator, OmniWeb, Opera, and Google Chrome installed and have tried them all. My favourite would be Stainless, except it does hit sites where it struggles, from time to time.

Reply 3 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I use Seamonkey. Great browser

Reply 4 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

The title says it all. I use Firefox 3.0 for everything I can (IMHO, Firefox 3.5 is not yet ready for prime time), Some web sites refuse to work with anything but MSIE and for those I keep MSIE 7 on my machine. I accidentally received MSIE 8 in with a bunch of MS security updates and it really messed up my machine. I lost 3.5 days before I figured out what had happened, removed MSIE 8 and and reinstalled MSIE 7.

Reply 5 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

As this earlier post indicates! After only using MSIE I switched to Firefox. Too many security issues with MS. Only when I really have to do I use it now.

Reply 6 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I am a novice but would like to download the older firefox instead of 3.5. I have PC's and cannot get the older version? Any suggestions?
Thanks bggart

Reply 7 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I use FireFox 3.0.11 pretty much exclusively - tried 3.5 but was having problems with it hanging or rendering some of my usually sites unreadable - all words no graphics so went back to 3.0. I set IE 8 up for the grandkids so they can have all their links in one spot and some of their online games sites (Disney for one) do not support FireFox but oddly on the Mac they allow Safari so if they are on that they use Safari.

Reply 8 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

So I wonder why no one puts the following web browsers down? Is it because they never heard of them and/or scared to try them and understand the features?
That would be my guess.

Here is what i tell you to do.
Update your MS Browser to IE8, What's it hurt.. nothing your at least getting the latest BROWSER ENGINE that RENDERS web pages better and your at least as secure as the that Browser Version. THEN DONT USE IT!

Now your thinking, Huh...
So the next step is go and Get one of this Alternative Browsers
1. THEWORLD Browser (http://www.ioage.com/twen)
2. Maxthon Browser (http://www.maxthon.com)
3. Acoo Browser (http://www.acoobrowser.com)

Why get one of these, Visit the web site and read up.
1 they are faster at browsing web pages than IE 7/8.. and the funny thing is.. They use the same web rendering Engine. My 2 browsers of choice are THEWORLD and Maxthon currently. One example which makes it better, I have a old Roboform software, it dont work right in IE8, However using THEWORLD browser it works fine! yet it still using IE8 rendering engine. At one time MAXTHON and Microsoft were working together, How do you think IE7/IE8 got TABs? My guess is because MAXTHON showed Microsoft a thing or too.

You have to READ up on the Browser to understand how it works better for you. DONT BE AFRAID to try them, They are all FREE
Also SO Far.. They do not take over your machine and can be easily uninstalled if you dont like them.

Reply 9 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I have Roboform 6.9.94 and it works perfectly with IE 8.

Reply 10 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

For my home music, web, and photo studio, I use Safari and Firefox. (Of course Explorer isn't an option considering I'm on a Mac.) For my mobile stuff I use Firefox and Firefox alone on my Dell Notebook.

Reply 11 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

i use Chrome. A lot faster than firefox 3.5 and the issues i heard on the web abt IE turn me off big time. Chrome is simply the fasters.

Reply 12 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I tried it and haven't had any problems with it and I use XP home edition on my laptop. We have it on our Vista desktop computer and no problems. I do like the Foxfire and have used it alot also. IE8 is up to the individual but it doesn't seem it would cause problems with newer updated computers if that's the way you want to go. Why not use IE8 and Foxfire as a backup if IE8 acts up. Just my opinion.

Reply 13 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I tried Firefox and often had problems getting pages to load. I liked it otherwise. I tried Chrome and saw no advantages over Explorer; I think it's less useful and less ergonomic. I'm using IE 8 and am very happy with it. Pages load faster than earlier versions. I can't see any reason to use another browser.

Reply 14 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

The results for this poll add up to 105 percent, not 100 percent.

??

Reply 15 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Thats because 5 of us voted twice :-))
Thoyboy

Reply 16 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

My primary web browser is Mozilla Firefox 3.50. I used to use Netscape but their browser often reverts to IE or Mozilla Firefox. My main back up is Google Chrome. I used to use IE, and have IE 8 on my computer; however, for most tasks that require IE, I use the Mozilla Firefox add-on that switches rendering engine to Internet Explorer. That works most of the time. The problem with IE7 & 8 was that even though it has increased flexibility and functionality over IE 5 & even IE 6, IE 7 & 8 are slow compared to other Browsers. Google Chrome is too bare bones and lacks flexibility. On occasion, I use Advanced Browser, the Avant clone because it crashes much less often than Avant. In addition, just lately, my Yahoo! Toolbar seems to disappear on Mozilla Firefox 3.50 and I have to reinstall. I don't know why. However, Mozilla Firefox offers the most flexibility of any browser for my needs. When I worked online, I had to use IE. Most online business applications still require IE 7 or 8.

Reply 17 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Avant allows me to open lots of windows without using up lots of power.Using Google helps a lot

Reply 18 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I started on IE, still use it on client machines, but I went to Firefox, it was good but slow. Then I changed to Chrome and never looked back. If I use Firefox it is like firing up an old slow computer of the past. My FireFox takes forever to load, Chrome is up in what seems like 5 seconds.

Reply 19 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Yes purpledog2000, I am in your CNET account, accidentally. I followed a Digg-shortened link and got in without a password.

Something is crazy at digg or cnet

Reply 20 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Don't think there's anything there to see. Just supposed to be what the community is able to see, right? I'm new at this, so I may have done something wrong...

Reply 21 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Yeah I think you are right it is just cnet. I didn't see anything. CNET must have a problem though. Both yours and my userid's have "2000" in them, which is weird. CNET's web pages must have a vulnerability/bug.

Don't worry I'll not try a repeat inquiry/login. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe note should be sent to the cnet webmaster about it.

Reply 22 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Internet explorer 8, is very bad browser , takes to much memory, if you check your proces open and have many pages on one only window you found iexplorer open several times.

Reply 23 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

Some websites or parts of websites won't accept any other browser, even other versions of IE. I can only contact my son's teachers if I haven't got their email addresses using IE8 or by post- the contact a teacher bit didn't even work with IE7 when IE8 was still beta.

Reply 24 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

I use Googles Chrome. I was having so many issues with IE 7 it wasn't funny. I tried Firefox but found it unwieldy and with far too many add ons and security updates for this that and the other I wasn't getting anything done. When Chrome came out I thought oh well lets see what these guys can offer and beyond the initial set up I have stayed with it. Its fast, it doesn't crash doesnt lock up in the middle of something important and is as reliable as they come. Its basic but it works and it works well, and that is the main thing. If you want reliable without the fuss and toolbars for everything in creation then try Chrome.
I went back to IE8 a few weeks ago to install it on my daughters pc and had no end of security updates, continual UAC even once something had been authorised so I uninstalled it and went back to Chrome.
Sorry Guys, no IE for me of any sort.

Reply 25 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

yeah yeah yeah..i know it is dead but after trying all the alternatives i keep going back..maybe for nostalgia reasons but i like the layout and is still really fast in rendering webpages

Reply 26 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

How do you get this? I loved Netscape but thought it was over??? Thanks
Bggallery

Reply 27 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

i am very pleased

Reply 28 : Poll: Which Web browser do you use?

A lot of website gear up to support Windows IE esp Netflix so I use Windows IE as my secondary browser.

I love Firefox. The History and Bookmark functions have it all over Windows IE.

A great feature that Firefox has that IE doesn't is the ability to right click on a web page and save the whole page on your computer as a html file which you can view later. Pretty handy when saving purchase docs and payment docs etc. You can save pics this way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment